Log splitters is a mechanical set up available in the market for cutting of the logs into specific size and pieces. There are different types of log splitters on the store of which hydraulic splitters is the most ideal for everyone’s use. It is the best choice to opt for people who have a business of chopping woods on a regular basis.
Hydraulic splitter: cost effective and automatic
Hydraulic log splitter has a greater efficiency with a strong pressure pump and a good level of driving force. Hence it is highly useful to split logs irrespective of its size, length or durability. Most of the hydraulic log splitters are fully automated and hence it is very much handy to use. It is safer when compared to other splitters and is available in low tonnage as well as high tonnage capacity.
Components of a log splitter
There are mainly 4 components for a hydraulic splitter, which includes a tiny engine, a hydraulic oil pump, a single valve, a hydraulic cylinder, an oil tank and a filter.
• Gasoline engine: Normally this is a four stroke engine which provides power to the whole system.
• Hydraulic oil pump: This is a two-stage oil pump which works at a maximum of eleven gallons per minute. It will set up an oil stream of high pressure and is attached to a valve.
• Spool Valve: It is the valve that lets the machinist to actuate the hydraulic cylinder to cut the log.It is capable of applying both the forward as well as backward pressure.The valve is known by the name ‘spool’ because of its similarity to the spool of thread.
• Hydraulic cylinder: Normally the size is about a twenty-four-inch length and four inches in diameter.
• The Oil Tank: Tank holds the oil that feeds the splitter pump and allows the oil to get used up on need.It has a volume of about 3.5 gallons.
• Filter: It keeps the oil clean and allows a hassle-free oil flow within the system.
Hydraulic log splitters: How the whole system works?
The spool valve with the handle moves ahead and back in order to aid the cylinder to chop the wood into various sizes. The gasoline engine of the splitter is connected to a double stage oil pump. On pushing the hydraulic piston to the log, we need the highest pressure to get the maximum force for splitting. Thus the pump switches to a low volume, high-pressure mode to split the wood. It will hardly take thirty seconds to push the piston through a hard log and ten or so seconds to draw the piston back to the position once the log is split. Hydraulic log splitters save a lot of our energy and time. They work faster and help us to do many laborious tasks with utmost easiness. There are various models of hydraulic splitters available ranging from the manual hydraulic splitters up to the fully automatic ones. Just have a glance of your need and choose the best to work with your demands.